Thursday, December 6, 2012

Generation 1, Chapter 14: Spring Babies

~Laura-Jayne's P.O.V~ 
Today was a Saturday so Lindsey and I decided to hang out at the park. We could have staid at my place but there wasn't really much to do there, and my mom wanted me to get some air. Spring was here so the weather was nice and all the trees were beginning to grow flowers. I love flowers, they always remind me of Jimmie, cause he always used to say I was pretty as a flower. 

I haven't seen much Jimmie anymore. After his 14th birthday party we saw each other only a few more times before his school work became too much. He was home-schooled and his parents finally decided to let him go to public school after winter break. He was pretty smart and was immediately sent to high school. With Jimmie in High School and me in Elementary School we almost never see each other anymore.

Lindsey and her mom visit Hidden Springs every mouth. So I've got a friend to hang out with for a couple days a month, but the remainder of the month I'm alone. I don't have any best friends at my school. I have friends that I eat lunch with and talk to, but no best friends- no one to hang out with and do crazy things. That's why I'm always thankful whenever Lindsey comes to town.
"Hey LJ I'm bored. I wanna do something besides sit here?"

"Well we can swing."

"Yeah, but we already did that. Let's skip some stones in the lake or something."

"Um, alright, but first I bet I can swing higher then you, jump off, and land on my two feet without falling."

"No way. I am."
 We both laughed and began swinging our feet forward and back until we were high in the air. I was first to jump off. I landed on my feet, but I was only able to stand for a couple seconds before I lost my balance and fell on my butt.

Lindsey giggled at me before she made her leap off her swing too and landed on her feet. Just like me she only stood for a second before she lost her balance too and fell on her butt. There was a second of silence before we both busted out laughing.
Lindsey and I helped each other up and we both ran over to the lake. It was so pretty the way the sun reflected on the surface of it. Lindsey then picked up a nice flat stone from the grass and eyed the lake like she was trying to figure out how to throw the stone, so that it will skipped across the water perfectly.

She lifted the stone, pulled her arm back and tossed it. It skipped across the lake and then sank. Ouch! I quickly turned my head and and frowned as I saw a poor little fish swimming away in a hurry just where Lindsey had thrown her stone.
 "Careful Lindsey, you hurt a fish."

"What? What fish?"

I looked to the water again and pointed to the same little fish I saw a second ago and said, "That one. You hurt that one. Didn't you hear her say ouch?"

"What? No! Fish can't talk."

"Yeah they do. They talk to me and I talk to them."
 "You can talk to animals LJ?"

"Um, yeah, doesn't everyone?" I was confused. I thought everyone could understand animals like I always have. I never bother to mention it to anyone cause I thought everyone knew, but I guess not.
 "Holy butter balls LJ does anyone else know about this?"

I thought for a second. "No. Just you."

"Man, that's awesome. You and I have to go to the pet store and tell me what all the animals are thinking."

"I don't read minds Lindsey. They just talk to me, only when they want."

"Oh, um, well maybe one will talk and you can tell me then."

We both laughed and I nodded my head in agreement. I never had to tell people what the animals were saying before, but I guess there's a first time for everything right?

~Dawn's P.O.V~
 I logged onto my email and checked a few messages. It was then I saw that I had gotten a message from Aiden. I opened up the message and began to read it.

Dear Dawn Starr,
I can't express in words how grateful I am to you for inspiring me to do the 100 Baby Challenge. Mozart has brought me so much happiness since he was born. I could definitely see myself doing this another 99 times.
Every night I sing him to sleep and kiss him goodnight. He is so adorable I can't stand it. He reminds me of his mother so much, so strong and independent. He loves music like his mum and I. It's sad that he is growing up so fast, his age day is approaching so fast.
I'm certainly going to miss the little things like teaching him to walk and feeding him in a high chair but I guess that's why I'm so lucky I have 99 more chances to do this. Speaking of which I'm about to go meet with another surrogate and then I'm going to spend my day with Mozart at the park. Today is Leisure Day and I want my son to experiences his first holiday with me. I hear Laura-Jayne is growing up into a charming young girl. I can't wait to have some girls of my own.
xoxo Aideybabes

I smiled at Aiden's letter and the memories of last Spring came back in my mind. I had visited Bridgeport with Laura-Jayne to see some of my challenge kids. I had taken LJ to the park while we were there and she ran off on me. It was then I met Aiden Swan at the park upset about not getting into University. I gave him some helpful advice and my email to tell me about how his challenge was going. I smiled again and began to type a response to his letter.
Dear Aiden,
I'm so glad to hear that your loving the challenge so much. I remember when I first started my challenge back when I was 18. About your age I think. I was so excited to become a parent. Of course it was tough at first but I soon got the hang of it. 
There were some negative parts about taking on the challenge though like morning sickness and having to carrying a huge stomach around, but I guess you don't have to worry about that. Haha! Besides all that it was worth it all when I got to take home each baby from the hospital. The challenge was the best years of my life, it's where I met the love of my life. 
I hope your challenge is great as mine was and I wish you luck on 99 more babies. I myself am expecting again. If you ever need advice or someone to talk to just shoot me an email or give me a call. Now I must be getting back to my own life. I wish you luck one more time and the best in your challenge.
xoxo Dawn Starr

As I clicked send I heard a few foot steps and then Newbie's came into my view. "Hey sweetie," I smiled.

"I just letting you know that I'm running to the store. Do you need anything?"

"Yeah. Can you pick us up some toilet paper, we're running low in the upstairs bathroom. Also, can you pick up ice cream. I sorta, um, ate the rest." I said the last part while avoiding eye contact. Newbie chuckled and said alright before giving me a kiss on the lips and walking out the front door.
I went back to checking my other emails when I heard the front door open again and two sets of feet ran into the house.

"MOM!!", Laura-Jayne yelled as she walked into the kitchen. "Can Lindsey and I go to the pet store to look at the animals?"

"Sweetie that's on the other side of town. Your not walking all the way over there without an adult."

"Um, then can you drive us then?"

"Yeah, sure, I need to pick up another bag of cat food anyways," I slap my head when I realized I hadn't asked Newbie to pick any up any cat food. I could call him but since the girls wanted to go I guess I'll drive down there. 
Pulled myself and my big, bulging stomach out of the chair and grabbed my purse and keys from the table. There was a sharp pain in my abdomen and I dropped everything in my hands, everything except my phone, which was in my pocket. I quickly grabbed my phone and tossed it to LJ and told her to call daddy to meet us at the hospital.

She did as I told her and 20 minutes later we were all at the hospital. A few more hours after that I gave birth to my babies. Triplets. Their names were Gretel, Cory and Barrett. 

I was so happy to see my new little babies and Newbie was happy too knowing that we now had three new babies instead of one, and another little daughter to spoil.  Laura-Jayne was beyond excited about the new arrivals because now she can be called a big sister.

When I finally got to go home we all worked together to care for all the little ones. It's so nice to have help caring for so many babies, unlike my challenge where it was just me. Now It's me, my husband and our daughter caring for three babies.

~*~
I'm sorta happy and sad to say this is the last chapter of generation 1. But don't worry about Dawn- she's will still be in upcoming posts but not as the main character. The next post will begin generation 2 and we will continue the journey of Laura-Jayne's life.

I wanna thank AideyBabes for letting Dawn appear in his challenge and letting me respond to the email he had sent Dawn. You can find his challenge here.
Also thank you to Kurtis for letting me use Lindsey once again in one of my posts, you can read more from his legacy here.

Thank you all and I would love to hear your thoughts so please leave a comment.

12 comments:

  1. DAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWNNNNNNNNNNN I'm going to miss Dawn and Newbie as the main characters, but at the same time I am excited to see what is in store for LJ. I'm also looking forward to seeing how well LJ takes to Gretel, Cory and Barrett.

    Hugs
    Grandma Ashby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. I've been playing Dawn for so long I'm gonna really miss her. :(
      I'm also excited about finally starting Laura-Jayne's life in generation 2.
      I'm sure LJ will love them cause she always wanted to be a big sister. :D

      Delete
  2. NAWWWWWWW, THAT WAS SO GOOD DAWN. So little LJ can talk to animals. Can't wait to see what happens next. Thank you for repleying to Aiden's emails. I have unfortunitly already started writing the next chapter so Aiden cannot repley till the chapter after
    xoxo Aideybabes <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :D
      Yeah, something I had planned for a bit. :)
      I was happy to reply to Aiden's email, and I can't wait to read your next chapter. :D

      Delete
  3. Love it dawn and hope for more chapters soon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great chapter Hailey! Thanks for using Lindsey again, I can see her and LJ are really great friends <3

    I can't wait to see pictures of the beautiful triplets! And By the way, I love the name Cory!

    Great Chapter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and your welcome. I was happy to have Lindsey in another one of my chapters. :) I can definitely see then getting older and becoming really great friends. :D
      The triplets are adorable, you will all see them when generation 2 starts. :D

      Delete
  5. Wonderful chapter as always! I'm gonna miss Dawn! I can't wait to see what LJ does later in life(: Oh and I can't wait to see the triplets! I bet they're going to be beautiful like LJ(:
    Can't wait for the next chapter!

    ~Kaitlyn Thomas AKA Alina Taylor<3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :D
      So am I, Dawn has been around for so long I'm truly gonna miss her.
      I'm just as excited about starting LJ's life as I was when I started Dawn's after the challenge.
      Yeah, they will be revealed soon. :3 Cuties they are!!
      I can't wait to get started. :d

      Delete
  6. Wow, Jimmie is one smart kid. ^_^ It's sad that LJ can't see him often though. They were so cute together!

    Haha, the ice-cream scene made me laugh. I love ice-cream so I know how Dawn feels. ;P I do the exact same thing.

    OMG, triplets? I wasn't expecting that! I can't wait to see what they look like! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes he is. :D Being home-schooled really helped out. :D
      Yeah, but maybe its for the best since they have a 3 year age difference and in different schools.
      Lol, yeah that was funny. But those pregnancy cravings got the best of her. xD
      Yeah I was surprised by triplets too. I was hoping for twins or something but 3 babies are okay too. lol! xD They are cutie pies and I can't wait to reveal them to everyone soon. :D

      Delete